@OhioStateECE Welcomes New Faculty and Staff
Posted:January 19, 2016
The Ohio State Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering announces these new promotions and faculty to its roster of excellence:
- Dr. Jian Tan joins ECE as an Assistant Professor in the cloud computing area. He is the first faculty recruit under Ohio State’s Data Analytics discovery theme initiative. Tan previously worked with IBM and AliBaba, also spending time as a post-doctoral researcher here at ECE.
- Dr. Graeme Smith joins ECE as a Research Assistant Professor, after previously serving as a Research Scientist at the Ohio State ElectroScience Lab. Smith is an expert in radar systems research.
- Dr. Nima Ghalichechian also joins ECE as a Research Assistant Professor, after previously serving as Research Scientist. Ghalichechian is an expert in RF microsystems, including MEMS technologies.
- Dr. Rongjun Qin is expected to join Ohio State by the end of January as an Assistant Professor appointed 80 percent to the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic engineering and 20 percent to ECE. His research interests are in photogrammetry, remote sensing, and image processing.
- Ms. Supaphen Niroula joins ECE on January 25 as an Academic Advisor. She joins us from her previous position of Undergraduate Academic Advisor in the College of Business at Franklin University.